- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Le Pouilly Review
The lofty dining room of this ancient demeure is everything a country manor should be: creamy stone walls, warm oak paneling, beamed ceilings, a giant central fireplace and stately balcony. In winter, hearty yet refined dishes—which have earned Le Pouilly a Michelin star—are served before a roaring fire, and in summer the garden terrace makes a lovely spot for lunch or a candlelight dinner. Chef Anthony Vallette, who hails from Normandy, has perfected the fresh, often line-caught, seafood dishes of his native St. Lô: a buttery sablé with salt-braised lobster; fleshy langoustines with butternut squash; tiny scallops in a puree of root vegetables and chestnuts. For dessert, the locally grown glacéd peach served with a tender cookie of pistachio and raisins is perfect with a sweet Montlouis from the exceptional wine list. For the price it's also a very good deal.
- Address: 1 rue Fontaine Pouilly, 8 km (5 miles) northwest of Vaux-le-Vicomte Pouilly le Fort, 77240
- Phone: 01–64–09–56–64
- Website: www.restaurant-lepouilly.com
- Location: Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Mon. and 3 wks in Aug. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
Sig other and I looking for an early May week in Paris. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more