- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
At a Glance
- great location in the heart of the village
- indoor-outdoor heated swimming pools to refresh after a hike in the nearby woods
- impeccable service
- contemporary interiors can be a bit austere
Check Rates from our Partners
Les Pléiades Review
The new prestige spot in Barbizon started its days in 1830 as a humble village house, once home to Barbizon-school painter Charles Daubigny but, as of 2009, the much-expanded edifice has been brought sumptuously up-to-date with contemporary interiors and features. Twenty luxurious rooms, a spa-fitness center (new in 2010), brasserie, and an elegant Michelin-starred restaurant are the most recent star attractions. The style is now ultra-modern, with sleek furnishings in earth tones highlighted by splashes of color and rich parquet floors. Spacious bathrooms with showers and whirlpool baths can be found in most rooms, along with beamed cathedral ceilings and terraces overlooking the pool and garden. Fashionable Parisians gladly make the half-hour trek to the eponymous Michelin-starred "gastronomic" restaurant on weekends to sample chef Philippe Geneletti's inventive cuisine in the plush antique-strewn dining room. Equally appealing is l'Atelier, a brasserie with a hearth fire in winter and al-fresco dining on the garden terrace in summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more