- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Wagon de l'Armistice (Armistice Railcar)
Wagon de l'Armistice (Armistice Railcar) Review
Off the road to Rethondes, the Wagon de l'Armistice is a replica of the one in which the World War I armistice was signed in 1918. In 1940 the Nazis turned the tables and made the French sign their own surrender in the same place—accompanied by Hitler's infamous jig for joy—then tugged the original car off to Germany, where it was later destroyed. The replicated car is part of a small museum in a leafy clearing.
- Address: Clairière de l'Armistice, 7 km (4 miles) east of Compiègne via N31 and D546 Compiègne, 60200
- Phone: 03–44–85–14–18
- Cost: €5
- Hours: Wed.–Mon. 10–6. Closed Jan.
- Location: Compiègne
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
This is an overdue Trip Report. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more