- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Ile-de-France
Louis XIV's Versailles: Famed as glorious testimony to the Sun King's megalomania, this is the world's most luxe palace and nature-tamed park.
Creamy Chantilly: Stately château, stellar art collection, fabulous forest, palatial stables... all within the same square mile.
Van Gogh in Auvers: The great painter spent his last, manically productive three months here—you can see where he painted, where he got drunk, where he shot himself, and where he remains.
Chartres Cathedral: A pinnacle of Gothic achievement, this 13th-century masterpiece has peerless stained glass and a hilltop silhouette visible for miles around.
Monet's Water Lilies: Come to Giverny to see his lily pond—a half-acre "Monet"—then peek around his charming home and stroll the time-warped streets to the new Musée des Impressionismes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's