Stores are open Monday through Saturday from 9 to 7, but many close at lunchtime (usually from noon to 2 or 3), and some open later and on Sunday during July and August. Museums are open from 10 to 5, but most are closed on either Monday or Tuesday. Hours vary between peak and off-peak seasons.
Tri-band GSM phones work in France. You can buy prepaid phone cards at telecom shops, newspaper kiosks, and tabacs (tobacconists) in all towns and cities. Phone cards can be used for local or international calls. France Telecom and Orange are leading telecom companies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's