- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
One good way to see the area is to hike along the Tra Mare a Mare (Sea-to-Sea Trail) from Propriano to Porto-Vecchio. Roadside information points post suggested itineraries.
A Cheval en Corse. One of the best ways to experience Corsica is on horseback. Equestrian tours can be customized for every riding level. Eight to 22-day expeditions take you to remote inland areas, wild beachfront shores, and high summits inaccessible by car. Licensed guides lead the way for a unique adventure through the island's most rugged terrain. 57 Forconcello, Granace, 20100. 04–95–76–08– 02. www.randonnee-equestre-corse.com/.
A Staffa Poney Club. Trot or gallop through the beautiful maquis for a fantastic family adventure. Sunbathe on horseback on the famous beaches of Palombaggia or Santa Ghjulia. route de Palombaggia, Porto Vecchio, 20137. 06–16–56–73– 60. www.astaffa.fr. Two to three hour rides €40–€50. Children ride tame ponies for €30 with experienced guides available.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe