- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Hotel Castel Brando
At a Glance
- excellent spa with Turkish bath and large massage selection
- helpful staff
- stunning location
- no restaurant or bar
- halls in main building echo
- some rooms showing age with worn linens, furniture and fixtures
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Castel Brando Review
Close to the sea, an authentic19th-century maison de maître with dark-green shutters, terra-cotta tile flooring, and vaulted library lounge filled with country-style antiques is a charming haven of peace in one of the most beautiful historic villages in Corsica. Traditionally decorated rooms in warm reds and saffron tones are air-conditioned and spread between four buildings. Book a room with a small private loggia overlooking the Brando valley or a newly renovated suite in the original mansion section built in 1853. There are two swimming pools—a large one with full sun exposure; the other, in the lush orangerie. Expect a Corsican-style buffet breakfast with charcuterie, pastries, and breads. Standing out is the hotel's park-like setting with natural stone elements, manicured palm-treed landscaping, and spacious outdoor patio.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Can anyone recommend a café or restaurant in Paris -- anywhere between the Arc de Triomphe and Blvd St Michel -- that will serve food late on a Sunday afternoon?
My flight home leaves on Sunday evening, Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more