- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Place Maréchal-Foch Review
Surrounded by a row of stately palm trees, the Place Foch, also called the Place des Palmiers, is the city's magnificent central triangle, easily recognizable with its fountain of four Corsican granite lions encircling the commanding statue of Napoléon, a work by sculptor Jérôme Maglioli. Popular as a spot to people-watch on a sunny day, the place is surrounded by cafés, pharmacies, banks, and opens up to the Ajaccio port.
- Address: Place Marechal Foch, Ajaccio, 20000
- Location: Ajaccio
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
I'm trying to put together a nice but inexpensive trip to Paris for myself & my husband (seniors) plus my sister for June or July. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more