Chapelle Impériale Review
In the south wing of the Palais Fesch, the neo-Renaissance-style Imperial Chapel was built in 1857 by Napoléon's nephew, Napoléon III, to accommodate the tombs of the Bonaparte family (Napoléon Bonaparte himself is buried in the Hôtel des Invalides in Paris). The Coptic crucifix over the altar was taken from Egypt during the general's 1798 campaign. Renovated in 2012, the somber chapel officially classified as a historic monument is constructed from the white calcified stone of St. Florent and worth a visit to view its neoclassical cupola and ecclesiastical iconography.
- Address: 50-52 rue Cardinal Fesch, Ajaccio, 20000
- Phone: /04–95–21–48–17
- Cost: €1.50
- Location: Ajaccio