- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
As the name of the village suggests, La Porta (the Door) is an entranceway to La Castagniccia. The St-Jean-Baptiste church here is widely accepted as the crowning glory of Corsican baroque art. The bright ocher facade and the five-story bell tower are feasts for the eyes, as are the paintings inside. Look for the Martyrdom of St. Eulalie of Barcelona (1848), by Louis Destouches (1819-81), just inside on the left.
La Porta at a Glance
Elsewhere in Corsica
- Asco and Haut-Asco
- Col de Bavella
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's