- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Corsica Hotel Reviews
The amount of construction around Porto-Vecchio in the 1950s was so burdensome to Corsicans that, with some extra unwanted encouragement from separatist bombers, they resolved to avoid excessive, tourist-driven development. Instead, fermes-auberges (farmhouse-inns) have had a healthy dose of restoration, and tastefully designed hotels are still being built. During the peak season (from July to mid-September) prices are significantly higher, and some hotels insist that breakfast and dinner be included as part of the price. The best seaside hotels are priced only marginally lower than on the Riviera, but lodgings in the interior villages remain substantially cheaper. Off-season, good prices can be found all over. Assume all rooms have air-conditioning, TV, telephones, and private bath unless otherwise noted.
Browse Corsica Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe