- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Erbalunga is one of the most charming villages on Cap Corse's east coast, with stone houses sloping gently down to a tiny pier and Genoese tower built into a rock ledge.
Possibly because it was French poet Paul Valéry's ancestral home, a famous colony of artists settled here in the 1920s. During mid-August, Erbalunga hosts an annual music festival, featuring famous French and Corsican artists. Although the town itself has several rocky beaches, the best can be found 15 miles north of Erbalunga at Cala Francese. Here, emerald waters and sandy beaches are neighbored by an old Genoese tower.
Elsewhere in Corsica
- Asco and Haut-Asco
- Col de Bavella
- La Porta
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's