- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Public transport is quite poor in Corsica, so to access stunning views of interior Corsica, your best bet is to rent a car or hire a driver or local minibus. The shortest distance to Corte is from Bastia. Count on at least an hour to negotiate the 68-km (42-mile) drive. From Ajaccio, a distance of 80 km (49 miles) will take at least 90 minutes.
The Corsican train called the trinighellu is infrequent and slow, and the journey from Ajaccio to Corte takes about one hour and 40 minutes; from Bastia, it's 90 minutes. A main bus line connects Bastia to Corte (90 minutes).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's