- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
From Bastia, follow D81 until you cross Saint Florent. Continue on D81 towards Saint Florent for 52 km (32 miles), then go right onto N197. Follow the N197 for 40 km (24 miles) to reach Calvi. The drive will take approximately 2½ hours. Trains and tramways operate between main cities, Calvi, and the Balagne region. Bastia and Calvi connect with stops in Ponte Lecchia and Ile Rousse. There is also a line between Ajaccio and Calvi, with stops in Corte, Ponte Lecchia, and Ile Rousse. The coastal tramway between Ile Rousse and Calvi offers a timeless experience. Seasonal timetables are available on the website www.corsicabus.org. Coach buses and boats are also available to access and tour the popular resort promontory.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's