- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
You can reach Bastia by air or sea. Flights arrive regularly from main cities in Europe at the Aéroport de Bastia-Poretta situated in Lucciana, southeast of the city. From here, Autobus Bastiais shuttle bus lines run from 6:30 am to 10 pm (depending on season) to downtown in 40 minutes for €8. Expect to pay €30–€35 for a taxi between the airport and city center.
Ferries cross from France (Nice, Toulon, Marseilles) and Italy (Livorno, Genova, Verde Ligure). The average crossing time is around five hours.
Train services link Bastia to Ajaccio and Calvi. The station is only a short distance from Bastia's ferry port, on Rond-point Maréchal Leclerc.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe