- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
The twin-spire facade, arcaded cloister, and airy refectory, constructed from the 14th to the 16th centuries, are all that is left of the hilltop abbey church of St-Jean-des-Vignes, which was largely dismantled just after the Revolution. Its fallen stones were used to restore the Cathédrale Saint-Gervais Saint-Potrais and neighboring homes. The abbey church remains the most impressive sight in Soissons, the hollow of what was once its rose window peering out over the town like the eye of some giant Cyclops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
I'm planning a day trip to Chartres when I am in Paris in May. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more