- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Trains from Paris (Gare du Nord) chug up to Laon, via Soissons, every 2 or 3 hours (€21.90); the 145-km (90-mile) trip takes around 1 hour, 35 minutes. There are four trains a day from Reims to Laon (40 mins, €9.50) and five trains daily from Amiens (104 km/65 miles; 1 hr, 45 mins; €17).
Laon Tourist Office. Laon Tourist Office Pl. du Parvis, Laon, 02000. 03–23–20–28–62. www.tourisme-paysdelaon.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe