Champagne Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Champagne Country
Drink Champagne—what else!: Drink it, see the vineyards, visit the cavernous chalk cellars where bottles are stored by the million.
Bask in Gothic glory: No fewer than 10 Gothic cathedrals dot the region—check out the rivalry between the biggest of them (Amiens) and the tallest (neighboring Beauvais).
Relax in L'Épine: Set on the Route du Champagne, this cozy village has the superlative Aux Armes de Champagne restaurant, set across from its pretty stone-lacework church.
Look up in Laon: With its cathedral towers patrolling the hilly horizon, the "Crowned Mountain " has a site whose grandeur rivals Mont-St-Michel (and just as exciting up close, with mighty stone oxen guarding the church towers).
Drink now, pray later in the Capital of Bubbly: Reims, the "Champagne City," is also home to France's great coronation cathedral.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's