- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The TGV zips out of Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Dijon (1½ hrs, €15 to €62) 16 times a day, Mâcon (1½ hrs, €28 to €77), and on to Lyon (2 hrs, €24 to €89). Trains run frequently, though the fastest Paris-Lyon trains do not stop at Dijon or go anywhere near it. Some TGVs stop at Le Creusot, between Chalon and Autun, 90 minutes from Paris—from here, you can hop on a bus for a 45-minute ride to Autun.
There's also TGV service directly from Roissy Airport to Dijon (1 hr, 50 mins). Beaune is well serviced by trains arriving from Dijon, Lyon, and Paris. Sens is on a main-line route from Paris (45 mins). The region has two local train routes: one linking Sens, Dijon, Beaune, Chalon, Tournus, and Mâcon and the other connecting Auxerre, Saulieu, and Autun. If you want to get to smaller towns or to vineyards, use bus routes or a car.
SNCF (36–35 €0.34 per min. www.voyages-sncf.com.)
TGV (36-35 €0.34 per min. www.tgv.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe