- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Local bus services are extensive; where the biggest private companies, Les Rapides de Bourgogne and TRANSCO, do not venture, the national SNCF routes often do. TRANSCO's No. 44 bus travels through the Côte d'Or wine region, connecting Dijon to Beaune (1 hr) via Vougeot (40 mins) and Nuits-St-Georges (47 mins), all trips costing €1.50. The buses of Les Rapides de Bourgogne connect Auxerre to Chablis (20 mins), Pontigny (20 mins), and Sens (90 mins), all trips costing €2.50. The No. 7 bus from Chalon-sur-Saône's train station takes you over to Cluny.
It's hard to reach Vézelay: the best bet may be to train it to nearby Sermizelles, then catch the one bus on Saturday at noon. To get to Avallon and Saulieu, take a train to Montbard, a TGV station stop, and then get a bus to either town. Always inquire at the local tourist office for timetables and ask your hotel concierge for information.
Les Rapides de Bourgogne (3 rue des Fontenottes, Auxerre, 89000. 03–86–94–95–00. www.rapidesdebourgogne.com.)
TRANSCO (Gare Routière, 15 Cour de la Gare, Dijon, 21000. 03-80-11-29-29 toll-free from landline. www.mobigo-bourgogne.com/.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's