- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
It makes sense for Sens to be your first stop in Burgundy, because it's only 90 minutes by car from Paris on the N6, a fast road that hugs the pretty Yonne Valley south of Fontainebleau. Training in and out of Sens is a breeze as it's on a major route with 28 direct TER trains (€18.40) leaving the Paris Gare de Bercy train station weekdays and 23 on weekends. TER trains from Paris Gare de Bercy can take you to Auxerre (€26.40), Dijon (€42), Beaune (€45.40), and many points between. Avallon (€32.30) can be reached directly three times a day, leaving Paris at 8:38 am, 12:38 pm, and 4:31 pm. The regional TransYonne bus network, in conjunction with Les Rapides de Bourgogne (03–86–64–83–91 www.rapidesdebourgogne.com), runs a noon link from the SNCF station in Sens to Auxerre on Wednesday and on demand on Saturday (0800–303–309 for information and mandatory reservation with TransYonne).
Sens Tourist Office (Pl. Jean-Jaurès, Sens, 89100. 03–86–65–19–49. www.office-de-tourisme-sens.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's