- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sens may be world-famous for its spectacular cathedral but it also has a reputation as a very pretty town. It enjoys a "four-leaf" ranking as a ville fleurie, or floral city. This finds happy and full botanical expression in the excellently manicured city parks (the Moulin à Tan and the Square Jean-Cousin) and municipal greenhouses, as well as during the Fête de la Saint-Fiacre, named after the patron saint of gardeners. For the latter, on the second Sunday in September, everything and everyone are festooned with flowers as entertainment fills the streets. But anytime during the year, the great Cathédrale St-Étienne makes a trip here worthwhile.
Sens at a Glance
Elsewhere in Burgundy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's