- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Burgundy
Sip your way through Burgundy vineyards: They are among the world's best, so take the time to stroll through Clos de Vougeot and really get a feel for the "terroir."
Discover Dijon: One of France's prettiest cities, with colorful banners and polished storefronts along narrow medieval streets, Dijon is perpetually being dolled up for a street fair.
Relish the Romanesque: Burgundy is home to a knee-weakening concentration of Romanesque churches, and Vézelay's Basilique has the region's greatest 12th-century sculptures.
Get your viticultural and cultural fill in Beaune: The "Capital of Caves" is famed for its wine caves and its 15th-century Flemish-style hospices.
Be inspired by Cluny, "Light of the World": Erstwhile center of a vast Christian empire and today a ruin, the sheer volume of this Romanesque abbey still impresses.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe