- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting to Cluny is fairly easy as there are two TGV trains leaving Paris's Gare de Lyon daily (9:49 am and 17:49 pm), although they both require a 30-minute bus liaison from Mâcon. There are also regular, daily TGV and TER trains that can take you directly to Chalon-sur-Saône (€48.20 to €71). TRANSDEV (Les Rapides de Saône et Loire www.r-s-l.fr) has regular buses that link Cluny to Chalon-sur-Saône, where you can connect to Mâcon, Autun, and Le Creusot TGV railway station. Driving to Cluny is a delight, as the surrounding countryside of the Mâconnais is among the most beautiful of France, with rolling fields and picturesque villages reminding one of why it is so easy to fall in love with France.
Cluny Tourist Office (6 rue Mercière, Cluny, 71250. 03–85–59–05–34. www.cluny-tourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's