- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The wine capital of Burgundy is also one of the most-visited towns in the region. Though there are only two direct TGV trains leaving Paris's Gare de Lyon daily (at 6:53 am and 4:53 pm), there are 15 trains in all, with changes at Dijon, and 12 on weekends. Travel times vary from 2 hours, 13 minutes to 4 hours, depending on transfers and the fares range from the flat rate of €45.40 with the slower TER to €86.80 on the TGV. Beaune is 20 minutes from Dijon (€7.30) and gets plenty of train traffic from the through lines to Lyon (€28.70) and Nevers (€30.80). For those heading farther north, trains to Auxerre (€30.70), via Laroche Migennes, and a direct service to Sens (€33.30) are available. Beaune also benefits from the broad regional TRANSCO bus network and buses, which depart from the SNCF station, run to Dijon via Nuits-St-Georges (60 mins on the No. 44 wine-lovers line), and to Saulieu (weekdays at 6 pm) with the No. 72.
Beaune Tourist Office. Porte Marie de Bourgogne, 6 bd. Perpreuil, Beaune, 21203. 03–80–26–21–30. www.ot-beaune.fr. Place de la Halle.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe