- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auxerre is quite easily reached by rail from Gare Paris-Bercy by one of seven direct trains from Paris-Bercy daily (leaving roughly every 2 hours from 6:13 am to 8:38 pm). The fare is €26.40. Five trains a day put Sermizelles-Vézelay (€7.90) less than one hour away, where you can take either a taxi (03–86–32–31–88) during the week or the noon-only Saturday bus service to connect to Vézelay proper. Thirteen daily trains link Auxerre to Montbard (€17), mostly via Laroche-Migennes, with Dijon at the end of the line (€26.70). The TransYonne bus network (Les Rapides de Bourgogne) links Auxerre to Sens, Avallon, and Tonnerre with a daily service. Chablis can be reached daily at 11:45 am, 4:15 pm (both on request only 0800–303–309), and 5:55 pm by bus from the SNCF station.
If you're driving, Auxerre is served by several major arteries, including the A6 autoroute (Autoroute of the Sun) and the N6 (National 6).
Auxerre Tourist Office (1 quai de la République, Auxerre, 89000. 03–86–52–06–19. www.ot-auxerre.fr.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's