- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
One of the most richly endowed villes d'art in Burgundy, Autun is a great draw for fans of both Gallo-Roman and Romanesque art. It is unfortunate that people don't often think of Autun when creating their Burgundian itineraries. Once the second city of Burgundy, it has a host of visual delights from its ancient Roman theater to its medieval cathedral to its Musée Rolin, one of the best in Burgundy.
Autun at a Glance
Elsewhere in Burgundy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's