- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Most towns in this region are accessible by train, though you need a car to get to some of the more secluded spots. The high-speed TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) departs 15 times daily from Paris (Gare Montparnasse) for Rennes, making this region easily accessible. The trip takes about 2¼ hours (€66). Some trains from Paris branch in Rennes to either Brest or Quimper (4 hrs, 45 mins from Paris; €88), stopping in Vannes (3 hrs, 20 mins from Paris; €69). From Rennes there are frequent regional trains via Dol-de-Bretagne to St-Malo (55–80 mins, €17.70). You can reach Dinan from Dol-de-Bretagne (20 mins, €7.60). Change at Auray for Quiberon (train service July and August only; otherwise, bus links, 1 hr; €7.25).
SNCF (36–35 €0.34 per min. www.voyages-sncf.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's