- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Brittany is serviced by a bewildering number of companies. Although the region is nicely threaded by train lines, some towns are bus-only. These include Carnac (90 mins) and Quiberon (2 hrs), on a Keolis Atlantique bus from Vannes; Dinard (30 mins) on a Keolis Emeraude bus from St-Malo; and Cancale (40 mins, €2), also from St-Malo.
As for Mont-St-Michel just across the regional boundary in Normandy, buses connect with St-Malo (1 hr, 50 mins via Dol, €4.50) and with Rennes (80 mins, €10.30). Use Transports Caoudal from Quimper to reach Pont-Aven.
Brittany Ferries. This is the leading company for martime transport to and from Brittany. 0871/244–1402 in U.K. only; 08–25–82–88–28 in France. www.brittany-ferries.com.
Cars du Kreisker (02–98–69–00–93. www.cars-kreisker.com.)
CAT (02–96–39–21–05. tibus.fr.)
Keolis Atlantique (02–97–47–29–64. www.keolis-atlantique.com.)
Keolis Emeraude (02–99–19–70–70. www.keolis-emeraude.com.)
Transports Caoudal (02–98–56–82–82.)
Transports Le Bayon. This company offers bus service from Auray to Quiberon (1 hour 10 mins, €2). 02–97–24–26–20.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's