- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The train station (Square Jean-Coquelin) is a 15-minute walk from the walled town—walk straight up Avenue Louis-Martin. Half a dozen trains daily make the 72-km (45-mile) trip from Rennes to St-Malo (55–80 mins, €16); a TGV express from Paris's Gare Montparnassse arrives several times a day in Rennes, where you can transfer. Trains also connect St-Malo to Dol-de-Bretagne (15 mins) and Dinan via Dol (65 mins), but the bus is cheaper and faster. TIV runs buses to Rennes (1¾ hrs), Dinard (40 mins), and Cancale (30 mins). CAT makes the trip to Dinan (35 mins) and Les Courriers Bretons makes the 1¼-hour journey to Mont-St-Michel in Normandy. Buses leave from the Gare Routière, immediately outside the intra-muros (within the walls) Old Town. You can also ferry from here to Dinan and Dinard via Emeraude Lines.
St-Malo Tourist Office (Esplanade St-Vincent, St-Malo, 35400. 08–25–13–52–00 €0.15/min. www.saint-malo-tourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's