- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
TGV trains leave Paris's Gare Montparnasse for Nantes every hour, covering the 387 km (240 miles) in just 2 hours, 10 minutes (€77). Trains make the 2-hour, 30-minute run up the coast from Nantes to Quimper (€33.80) twice daily, stopping at Vannes (1 hr, 15 mins; €21). The train station in Nantes, at 27 boulevard Stalingrad, is across the street from the Jardin des Plantes and a 10-minute walk from the Vieille Ville. Cariane Atlantique runs four daily buses to Rennes (2 hrs), as well as to other nearby towns.
Nantes Tourist Office (9 rue des États, Nantes, 44000. 08–92–46–40–44. www.nantes-tourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's