- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Nothing says Brittany like seafood and nothing says seafood like this village, one of the most picturesque fishing villages in the region. Head here by bus from St-Malo and then make for the countless stalls or restaurants along the quay, where you can enjoy the bounty of Cancale, renowned for its offshore bancs d'huîtres (oyster beds). You can sample the little brutes here or have a real seafood feast at the culinary mecca not far from town, the Château Richeux.
Cancale at a Glance
Elsewhere in Brittany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's