- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At 18 km (11 miles) long, Belle-Ile is the largest of Brittany's islands. It also lives up to its name: it is indeed beautiful, and less commercialized than its mainland harbor town, Quiberon. Monet created several famous paintings here, and you'll also be tempted to set up your easel and canvases.
Belle-Ile-en-Mer at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Brittany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's