The superfast TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) Atlantique service links Paris (Gare Montparnasse) to Bordeaux—585 km (365 miles) in 3½ hours. Trains link Bordeaux to Lyon (6½ hrs) and Nice (9 hrs) via Marseille. At least a dozen trains a day leave from Bordeaux for St-Émilion, taking anything from 30 to 55 minutes. If you're heading north to Pauillac there are at least a dozen trains (around 80 mins) a day from Bordeaux.
Gare de Bordeaux St-Jean (Rue Charles Domercq, Bordeaux, 33000. 05–47–47–10–00.)
SNCF (3635 €0.34 per min. www.sncf.fr.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's