- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
If you're heading north, you'll have to make your way to or through Pauillac (try to ignore the oil refinery). The buses of Citram Aquitaine (05–56–43–68–43) operate in this region, as do the less reliable SNCF buses. It takes about 50 minutes from Bordeaux to Pauillac. Citram Aquitaine also connects Bordeaux with Margaux (90 mins) and as far north as Pointe de Grave (2 hrs, 30 mins). The train will drop you off at the Gare de Pauillac on 2 bis place Verdun. You can also train it around four times a day as far as Soulac (9 km [5½ miles] below Pointe de Grave), by changing at Lesparre for around €15 one-way. If you want to get into the Médoc from Bordeaux by car make sure to get off the road that encircles Bordeaux (the "Rocade") using Sortie (Exit) 7.
Pauillac Tourist Office (La Verrerie, Pauillac, 33250. 05–56–59–03–08. www.pauillac-medoc.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe