- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir
At a Glance
- very tranquil
- dining reservations required in advance
- ornate drapery and embellishments can seem overdone
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir Review
Magically set on a circular moat, fitted out with a storybook turret, and covered in an ambuscade of ivy, this manor house is one of the most charming options to be found between St-Émilion and Bordeaux—it's also one of the oldest estates: Edward, Prince of Wales (aka the "Black Prince"), reputedly set up shop here in the 14th century. The spacious guest rooms are in styles ranging from Empire to 19th-century romantic, with large four-poster beds and, in most cases, elaborate accents (like gilded feet tubs).
- Address: 6 rte. du Stade, 25 km (16 miles) west of St-Émilion, 20 km (12 miles) northeast of Bordeaux St-Sulpice-et-Cameyrac, 33450 | Map It
- Phone: 05–56–30–82–16
- Website: www.chateaux-france.com/lamotheprincenoir/
- Location: St-Émilion
- 5 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Hi we are an Australian family of 2 adults and 2 children (11 and 8) who are planning on visiting family in Malta and incorporating a 5 week European holiday( as it is very expensive for 4 of us to fly Read more