- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir
At a Glance
- very tranquil
- dining reservations required in advance
- ornate drapery and embellishments can seem overdone
Check Rates from our Partners
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir Review
Magically set on a circular moat, fitted out with a storybook turret, and covered in an ambuscade of ivy, this manor house is one of the most charming options to be found between St-Émilion and Bordeaux—it's also one of the oldest estates: Edward, Prince of Wales (aka the "Black Prince"), reputedly set up shop here in the 14th century. The spacious guest rooms are in styles ranging from Empire to 19th-century romantic, with large four-poster beds and, in most cases, elaborate accents (like gilded feet tubs).
- Address: 6 rte. du Stade, 25 km (16 miles) west of St-Émilion, 20 km (12 miles) northeast of Bordeaux St-Sulpice-et-Cameyrac, 33450 | Map It
- Phone: 05–56–30–82–16
- Website: www.chateaux-france.com/lamotheprincenoir/
- Location: St-Émilion
- 5 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi fellow Fodorites, based on a recommendation from one of you I am booking this apartment in the Canal St. Read more