- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir
At a Glance
- very tranquil
- dining reservations required in advance
- ornate drapery and embellishments can seem overdone
Check Rates from our Partners
Château Lamothe du Prince Noir Review
Magically set on a circular moat, fitted out with a storybook turret, and covered in an ambuscade of ivy, this manor house is one of the most charming options to be found between St-Émilion and Bordeaux—it's also one of the oldest estates: Edward, Prince of Wales (aka the "Black Prince"), reputedly set up shop here in the 14th century. The spacious guest rooms are in styles ranging from Empire to 19th-century romantic, with large four-poster beds and, in most cases, elaborate accents (like gilded feet tubs).
- Address: 6 rte. du Stade, 25 km (16 miles) west of St-Émilion, 20 km (12 miles) northeast of Bordeaux St-Sulpice-et-Cameyrac, 33450 | Map It
- Phone: 05–56–30–82–16
- Website: www.chateaux-france.com/lamotheprincenoir/
- Location: St-Émilion
- 5 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
I will be staying in the outside of Paris for 2 weeks ( June-July) for Business, and I am looking to a better option than a Hotel. Read more