- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Grand Barrail Château Hôtel & Spa
At a Glance
- expansive vineyard views
- special spa packages
- golf and hot-air balloon rides nearby
- ambience so fairytale-esque it borders on unoriginal
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Barrail Château Hôtel & Spa Review
Presiding over the picturesque vineyards encircling St. Emilion, this fairy-tale Belle Époque château has gorgeous guest rooms that are at once classic and contemporary (for the full storybook experience, ask for one in the main 19th-century building rather than the modern luxury annex). Biking distance from the medieval town center, the property also includes surrounding parkland, gardens, and an excellent spa, making it the ideal place to enjoy the good life while investigating St-Émilion's best vintages. The château's restaurant is equally magical with its stained-glass-domed dining rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I'll be leaving for Villefranche-sur-Mer in two weeks and would welcome any suggestions for things to do and sights to see while in the area. Read more