- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Château Latour Review
Tastings and tours at the renowned Château Latour are typically free, but very selective—you have to be a serious taster, accompanied by a guide or professional in the wine trade, and you will be expected to make a purchase. Reservations are also required, and these must sometimes be made a month in advance. If you don't make the cut, Pauillac is still worth seeing. Of all the towns and villages in the Médoc, it is the prettiest, so you may want to stroll along the riverfront and stop for refreshments at one of its restaurants. A train line connects Pauillac to Bordeaux, running several times daily in summer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 & up -- Paris: 4-Star Family Friendly Hotel thru Summer Novotel Paris Charenton
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- Classic Corsica IExplore
- $2060 & up -- France: Nice & Marseille 7-Nt. Escape w/Air — $2,060 Great Value Vacations
This is the end of my Morocco Trip Report. Read more
Last week while on a Paris bus we saw a long line of people on rue de Vaugirard waiting to get into the Musée du Luxembourg and looked on the Internet to see what that was about. Read more
Here comes my next question... We have a flight out on a Wednesday morning at 8am. How early should we be at the airport - 2 or 3 hours before our flight? (It goes to Frankfurt).
That said, we Read more