- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Château Mouton-Rothschild Review
Most of the great vineyards in this area are strictly private, although the owners are usually receptive to inquiries about visits from bona fide wine connoisseurs. One, however, has long boasted a welcoming visitor center: Mouton-Rothschild, whose eponymous wine was brought to perfection in the 1930s by that flamboyant figure Baron Philippe de Rothschild. The baron's daughter, Philippine, continues to lavish money and love on this growth, so wine fans flock here for either the one-hour visit, which includes a tour of the cellars, chai (wine warehouse), and museum, or the slightly longer version that's topped off with a tasting.
- Address: Le Pouyalet, Pauillac, 33250 | Map It
- Phone: 05–56–73–21–29
- Cost: €6.50; with tasting, €16
- Hours: Mon.–Thurs. 9:30–11 and 2–4, Fri. 9:30–11 and 2–3, by appointment only; reserve at least 2 wks in advance
- Website: www.bpdr.com
- Location: Route du Médoc and the Wine Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Numerous people here probably know that Boulevard Saint Germain is not at all my favorite street in Paris, but since it is one of the main streets in the city, I felt that I should do a photo report abou Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hi everyone, I have been planning a trip for my family (2 grown ups + 2 boys ages 12 and 14) to visit France this summer, late July/ early August. Read more