- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Musée des Beaux-Arts
Musée des Beaux-Arts Review
One of 15 cities in France chosen by Napoléon to showcase his war-acquired works (most notably from Italy) as well as bits of existing royal art, Bordeaux houses a fetching collection in it's Museé des Beaux-Arts. Pieces, which span the 15th century to present, include important paintings by Paolo Veronese (St. Dorothy), Camille Corot (Bath of Diana), and Odilon Redon (Apollo's Chariot), plus sculptures by Auguste Rodin. Not far from the Cathédrale St-André, this museum adorns tidy gardens behind the ornate Hôtel de Ville (town hall).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I'll be leaving for Villefranche-sur-Mer in two weeks and would welcome any suggestions for things to do and sights to see while in the area. Read more