- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux
Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux Review
On tree-lined cours du XXX-Juillet, not far from the banks of the Garonne and the main artery of the Esplanade des Quinconces, you'll find the Ecole du Vin, right across the street from the city tourist office. This school—run by the CIVB (Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bordeaux), the headquarters of the Bordeaux wine trade—organizes wine initiation and tasting classes. At the same address you'll find Le Bar à Vin, which is a good place to sample reds (like Pauillac or St-Émilion), dry whites (like an Entre-Deux-Mers, Graves, or Côtes de Blaye), and sweet whites (like Sauternes or Loupiac); this can be particularly useful when trying to decide which of the 57 wine appellations to focus on in your exploration. The wine-oriented tourist office can then put you on the right path with itineraries and tour details. You can also make purchases at the Vinothèque opposite.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Bordeaux: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $67+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Bordeaux this May Fr $230+/Nt Expedia
Today you should wear pretty much everything you brought, and you may need to buy some more.
The temperature is 52F, winds about 15 with higher gusts. Hard rain showers interspersed with bright sun. Tomorrow Read more
May, 2013 My partner and I travelled for 14 days in Provence and Paris in May 2013. Read more
I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out the ratp site and thought I understood it, but now I'm confused. Read more