Bordeaux and the Wine Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Bordeaux and the Wine Country
La Route de Médoc: With eight appellations (districts) alone in this one small area and names like Rothschild, Latour, and Margaux on the bottles, this is one itinerary that leaves no sour grapes.
Bordeaux, wine mecca: Flourishing around the banks of the Gironde estuary, Bordeaux's great wine shippers gave their city center an almost regal 18th-century elegance.
Buy a Rothschild: Although the family's Château Lafite is often locked, the arms are wide open to oenophiles at Château Mouton-Rothschild, thanks to its visitor center and museum.
St-Émilion, medieval jewel: With its 13th-century ramparts, cobblestone streets, and rock-face hermitage, this fortified hilltop town presides over one of the Bordeaux region's richest wine districts.
Bordeaux bacchanal: Don't miss the four-day wine extravaganza at the end of June, when the appellations come to party on Bordeaux's biggest square.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's