- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
If you're taking a train you'll arrive at one of France's major hubs, the Gare de Bordeaux, St-Jean (36–35 www.ter-sncf.com), about 3 km (2 miles) from the city center. Bordeaux's urban buses (Nos. 7 and 8) will take you from the train station into the city center for less than €1.50 one-way. Citram Aquitaine (8 rue de Corneille 05–56–43–68–43 www.citram.com) is the main bus operator for farther afield in the Gironde, and even to other nearby départements (provinces). You can get here by train in about three hours from Paris—at least 16 times a day—if you hop on a TGV (www.tgv.com) for about €70 one-way. Every 45 minutes you can get to the airport from the train station for €7; it takes about 35 minutes. The Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac (05–56–34–50–50 www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr) is 10 km (7 miles) west of the city center in Mérignac.
Office of Tourism of Bordeaux (12 cours du XXX-Juillet, Bordeaux, 33000. 05–56–00–66–00. www.bordeaux-tourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's