- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sixteen TGV trains per day leave Paris (Gare de l'Est) every hour for the 140-minutes, 500-km (315-miles) journey to Strasbourg. Nancy is only 90 minutes away on one of the 10 direct TGVs also leaving every hour, where there are connections for Toul and Épinal. Several local trains a day run between Strasbourg and Colmar (40 mins), stopping in Sélestat (bus link to Ribeauvillé). There's also a snail-pace daily service from Strasbourg to Obernai, Barr, and Dambach-la-Ville. But you'll need a car to visit smaller villages.
Gare SNCF Colmar (9 pl. de la Gare, Colmar, 68000. 36–35.)
Gare SNCF Nancy (3 pl. Thiers, Nancy, 54000. 36–35.)
Gare SNCF Strasbourg (20 pl. de la Gare, Strasbourg, 67000. 36–35.)
SNCF (36–35 €0.34 per min. www.voyages-sncf.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's