- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
TED bus service. The 54 lines of the TED bus service cover the entire département, leaving from Place de la République, for a €2.50 flat rate. 08–20–20–54–54 €0.09 per min. www.ted.cg54.fr.
TGV Est European. The jewel in Lorraine's tourism crown, Nancy, has benefited greatly from the introduction of the record-breaking TGV Est European service. Ten direct TGVs daily (one leaving almost every hour from 7:13 am to 8:13 pm) depart Paris's Gare de l'Est, arriving here about 90 minutes later. Four others (8:40 am, 10:40 am, 1:58pm, and 8:40 pm) take over an hour longer; three involve a change in Metz and one in Bar Le Duc. One-way fares vary from €30 to €71 depending on the train type, time of day, and how far in advance you book. www.tgv.com/en.
Train station. Nancy's train station, a 15-minute walk down Rue Stanislas from the town center, is open 5:30 am to 11:30 pm (6:30 am to 11:30 pm Sundays and holidays). Eleven direct trains to Strasbourg (€24.20) leave from Nancy each day at intervals varying from 45 minutes to two hours, and roughly every 10 minutes a train leaves for Metz (€10.40). There are daily TER services running approximately every 15 minutes to Luneville (€6.80). 3 pl. Thiers, Nancy, 54000.
STAN bus service. Nancy's central core is manageable on foot, but STAN—the civic public transit system—has buses and trams to help you navigate the greater Nancy area. Nancy. 03–83–30–08–08. www.reseau-stan.com.
Nancy Tourist Office (14 pl. Stanislas, Nancy, 54000. 03–83–35–22–41. www.nancy-tourisme.fr.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe