- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Alsace-Lorraine
Follow the wine road: Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr are at the heart of the Alsatian wine route—two medieval villages filled with "Hansel and Gretel" houses, cellars bursting with bottles, and wine festivities.
Be enchanted by Colmar: After two world wars Colmar rebuilt itself, and its maze of cobblestone streets and Petite Venise waterways of its Vieille Ville are as atmospheric as ever.
Bask in Nancy's Art Nouveau: The hub city of Lorraine is the Art Nouveau capital of France as well as home to Place Stanislas, the most beautiful royal square in Europe.
Pay tribute to Joan of Arc: If you're a fan of Jeanne d'Arc, then a pilgrimage to her birthplace in Domrémy-la-Pucelle is a must.
Discover the charms of Strasbourg, capital of Alsace: The symbolic capital of Europe is a cosmopolitan French city rivaled only by Paris in its medieval allure, history, and haute cuisine.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Regent Contades 3 Nts in May Fr $152+/Nt Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Le Bristol on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $208+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Strasbourg: Save at the Le Forum in May Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Expedia
- Book the Residence Jean-Sebastien Bach 3 Nts in May Fr $169+/Nt — $169 Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- Strasbourg Savings! Book at Sofitel Strasbourg Fr $186+/Nt — $186 Expedia