- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The four daily direct TGV high-speed trips from Paris's Gare de l'Est to Colmar (€65), taking 2 hours 50 minutes, are perfectly complemented by 6 semi-direct, TGV/TER combos from the same station. They all require a change at either Strasbourg or Mulhouse but barely 10 minutes is added to the trip. More than a dozen daily trains will take you from Colmar to Sélestat (€4.80) and nine daily buses (the last at 7:10 pm) make the 45-minute trip to Ribeauvillé (€4.10). The LK Groupe (www.l-k.fr) has regular bus service from the Gare SNCF to towns throughout the region. Colmar's train station on Rue de la Gare is in the far southwestern corner of town; from here, walk 15 minutes down Avenue de la République for the tourist office, or take municipal TRACE buses (buy ticket from driver).
Colmar Tourist Office (4 rue Unterlinden, Colmar, 68000. 03–89–20–68–92. www.ot-colmar.fr.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's