Finnair offers domestic and international flights, with daily direct service from New York (JFK) and twice-weekly from Boston in summer, and flights six times a week from New York during the rest of the year. Scandinavian Airlines operates two flights a day from both Newark and Chicago, one to Stockholm and one to Copenhagen, with connections on to Helsinki. It also offers service from Seattle and Washington D.C. to Copenhagen. Flying time from New York to Helsinki is eight hours, nine hours for the return trip.
All international flights arrive at Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport (HEL), 20 km (12 mi) north of city center.
Helsinki–Vantaa International Airport (020/708–000. www.helsinki-vantaa.fi.)
Finnair (0600/140–140 (€3.15/answered call + local network charge); 800/950–5000 in the United States. www.finnair.com.)
SAS Scandinavian Airlines (060/0025–831 €1.75/min + local charges; 800/221–2350 in the US. www.scandinavian.net.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe