Banks are open weekdays 9 to 4 or 5. Many offices and embassies close at 3 from June to August. Stores are generally open weekdays 9 to 6 and Saturday 9 to 1 or 2 and are closed Sunday.
Major holidays include: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday and Monday, May Day ("Vappu," May 1), Whitsunday (between mid- and the end of May), Midsummer Eve and Day (late June), Independence Day (December 6), Christmas Eve and Day, and Boxing Day (day after Christmas).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's