Visulahden Matkailukeskus Review
Five kilometers (3 mi) outside of Mikkeli, the Visulahti Travel Center includes a waxworks, an old car museum, and an amusement park with waterslides and a motor park. Restaurants, cabins, camping, lakeside sauna, boating, and swimming are also available at this all-purpose travel and vacation spot that caters to families and is especially popular with kids. Most activities are open only during the summer, but cabins can be rented throughout the year. From Savonlinna, you can take the Mikkeli bus or, if driving yourself, Route 14 to Route 5. It's 100 km (62 mi) from Savonlinna.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more